Good, Good Father

Well where do I begin to brag on the good Father I have in God. Those closest to me know that 2015 has been a year of suffering and blessings. I've learned this year more than ever before that God is good and He will never leave me. That is the phrase I quoted to myself while going to doctors appointments, while experiencing excruciating pain, mourning the death of my pastor at Fellowship Memphis, rejoicing in the faith of the believers I met in China, getting countless medical bills in the mail, walking away from my wrecked car after an accident and lastly when I spoke to a dear friend about the frustration I was experiencing. 

God's desire is that we glorify Him or bestow honor on Him. Well in order to do that we have to know Him. He allows different trials, afflictions, and seasons in our lives that we may know Him, glorify Him and make Him known to the world. 

Philippians 3:10, "that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death". In the previous verses Paul is speaking about counting everything as loss in comparison to knowing Christ. 

Well last Wednesday, December 2nd the Lord did something that I have never experienced before. I had texted a friend to ask for prayer because life was getting overwhelming and I couldn't nor does d I want to handle it alone. She gave me some advise to call someone local because she was not available to talk, as I was driving back to work I called a friend who isn't local but could relate to pain and frustration and would pray for me. While we were talking she shared the phrase with me that I had been quoting all year. Her exact words were, "I know 2 things about God, He is good and He will never leave you." As you can imagine I started crying because I knew God was speaking to me through her. Sometimes we need other people to remind us of the promises of God when we can't remember. It's the gift of the body of Christ. Also while on the phone I was listing off all the things in my life at the time that were hard, one being the fact that I had to find a car without getting a car note. She very calmly mentioned a man's name and said she would call him and that God would provide a car for me. I glazed over her comment because I didn't know who this man was and how he could be involved in my current situation. 

BUT GOD!!!!! 

While we were on the phone this man was getting ready to purchase a car but didn't know who he was getting the car for. He started a ministry where he finds cars for ministers or missionaries. While looking at the car he states that he felt the Lord would tell him in 15 minutes why he was buying the car. My friend call him 10 minutes later and tells him my story and it all comes together. They both along with the buyer are used by my GOOD GOOD FATHER to bless me with a car. A car that I didn't have to buy, WHAT?!!!! 

Yes that's right a man I never met, I friend I love dearly and a woman with a desire to bless someone else provided the tangible evidence of God's love for me. I am now officially the owner of a 2004 Honda Civic. 
My God shall supply all of your needs according to His Riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Praying this story of God's goodness blesses your heart. Also God can handle our frustrations and our crying out to Him. He knows that we just children at the end of the day. He is the good Father..

 
 


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariyana, I loved reading this! How encouraging to my heart. And Civics are the best car!;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Woman Worth Following

Why Jesus is God