Good Stuff

It's funny how people begin to say phrases or copy the mannerisms of others the more time they spend around them. Well I noticed that people who spent significant time around me started saying "good stuff". I'm not sure when I started saying it or where I got it from. I find myself saying it in response to a quote I hear, or a sermon or a verse I read in the bible. It's funny I actually have the words good stuff written in books that I've read and in the margins of my bible.

When you heard the gospel for the first time, what was your response? Did you rejoice, were you confused, were you afraid, or were you amazed. Well I first heard and understood the gospel of Jesus Christ in 1997 on the campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago. There was a church meeting on our campus, the name of the church was Chicagoland Bible Fellowship. I remember being invited to attend this church on a few occasions, but I denied the previous invitations. Until one Sunday morning in January or February, I decided to go to the church. I sat down in the back of the lecture center and listened to the songs and message given, however at the same time there was another message being told to me by God. He kept asking me, "what it meant to be saved?" I kept giving the answers I thought He wanted but He kept asking me the question. By the end of the service I was so determined to know the answer that I rushed down front and asked the pastor, "How does someone get saved?". He lead me to sit next to a woman named Leah Ingram and by the grace of God she knew the word of God enough to show me the verses in Romans that clearly explain the way of salvation. She had me read the following passages out loud: Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Romans 10:9-10 by the end of reading those she asked me if I wanted to get saved. I responded YES!!!! I prayed at that moment to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as my savior, I publicly pronounced that I was a sinner and in need of a savior. It was the best moment of my life.

So what is the "Good Stuff"?
God the Father sent His only Son (Jesus Christ) to earth dressed as a man. He became a man so we would be able to see God face to face. By becoming a man Jesus would know everything that man is tempted with and everything that man experiences. Yet at the same time He retains all of His deity as God and never sins while here on earth. Scripture says in Matthew 1:21 that He came to save His people from their sins. The question is how will He save people from their sins. Well He did it by being the offering for the penalty that their sins deserve. You see you were born a sinner and thus you do what comes naturally to you, you sin. Well Jesus was born as a man but His nature was divine, immortal, and holy
Jesus Christ came into the world being God but dressed as man. He came in this form so man could relate to Him and behold Him. Philippians 2:5-11 describes His dissension to earth and His purpose on earth. I realized on that day in 1997 that believing in Jesus Christ was the only way to be saved. Acts 4:12 states that there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. Jesus is the only name that we can put our trust in to save us from our sinful nature, and the wrath of God.

Now that's GOOD STUFF.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good, Good Father

A Woman Worth Following

Why Jesus is God