A Woman Worth Following

Last weekend I had the pleasure of teaching at the Downline Summit. Words can't express how the Lord blessed me through that weekend. It was great to meet new friends while seeing old friends and being encouraged by the words of others while encouraging others with my words. One message that truly blessed my heart was the workshop I did. The Lord spoke to me so much through the study of this message, that I wanted to share it with others. Over the next few weeks I will be posting parts of the workshop. I pray it blesses your heart as it blessed mine.
We follow women who have had a tangible experience with God. They have been saved by the grace of God and they know it. They have experienced the comfort of God in their afflictions. They have seen the Lord keep His promise while they waited on Him. We follow women who follow the Lord. This weekend I want to answer the question that many of us may have, “What is my example to model after”? Is it your mother, grandmother, pastor’s wife, older family member, etc..  As people we imitate those who inspire us, because we see something in them that we desire to see in ourselves. Sometimes that could be a strong faith, a resilient spirit, a desire to know the Lord more, a prayerful life, etc… The most important decision all of the ladies have in common is that they believed the words from the Lord and they aligned their lives with it. Have you made that decision yet, have you believed that salvation is freely granted to you because of the life, death and resurrection of God in the flesh also known as Jesus Christ the Messiah? To prepare for the study of the first woman I would recommend that you read John 4:7-42. While reading try to answer 3 questions: What made her follow Christ, What was admirable about her life, and What made others follow her.

Check back next week for the beginning of the lesson on the Samaritan Woman 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good, Good Father

A Woman Worth Following

Why Jesus is God